Entertaining your friends can get pricey and as fun as it is to host a party and then pass out in your bed at the end of the night, the total cost can be very daunting. Summer is the pinnacle of parties and if you have some party ideas in mind, take a read with some tips to keep your budget low.
- You don't have to be a master chef or baker to feed your guests tasty food. Grab some cookies from Trader Joes, fresh fruit and maybe some cheese and crackers and your set.
- Presentation is everything. Take a trip to TJ Maxx or Goodwill to stock up on affordable bowls and plates to display the snacks. Create your own three tiered cake stand by topping three plates and two mugs on top of each other. Stack on the treats for an easy and delicious snack table.
- Substitute soda and tonic water with fruit juices and fresh cut fruit for fancy drink mix-ins that will wow your guests and make the alcohol last longer. Sipping out of straws is another way to pace drink consumption, so place a cup of straws next to the drinks.
- In the invitation to your party politely as your friends to bring drinks to share. Really, you can't be held accountable for funding all your guests' drinking habits!
- Well selected decorations are the perfect way to make your party stand out. Take cheap and typical party decorations such as streamers and balloons and do something out of the ordinary - like creating a photobooth out of streamers taped on a wall. Blow up balloons without helium and tape them around your apartment for funky and memorable decorations.
- Flowers always brighten up a room because they add a pop of color and a heavenly scent. Buy fresh flowers, arrange them in vases and strategically place them around your home for effortless decoration.
- Music can set the tone to a party, so a good playlist is crucial. Sign up for Spotify Premium or download the free trial to create a great playlist with no commercials. Start the playlist a few days before the party and invite your friends to add music to the playlist through a shared Spotify playlist.
- Get speakers to blast music so everyone at your party can hear, no matter how big or small your apartment is.